Attorneys for Accountants
At Norman Spencer Law Group, our attorneys and other professionals are skilled at providing a wide spectrum of legal representation to accountants, both solo practitioners and accounting firms.
Accounting professionals encounter unique challenges in the ever-changing world of taxation and financial reporting as well as in the general commercial areas. We help the accounting industry to conduct business in the way, which would significantly reduce risks and liabilities, and help avoid claims and other pitfalls.
Our team includes attorneys, CPAs, forensic specialists, auditor, certified fraud examiners, and former IRS officials. For years, we have successfully represented accountants in proceedings before the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the IRS, the SEC, state licensing boards and disciplinary authorities. We also defend accountants and accounting firms in matters involving state and federal criminal investigations and prosecutions.
Some of the legal matters in which we assist accountants include:
- Advising on establishing better practicing for client engagement and interaction
- Reviewing and advising on the business aspects of firm creation and operations; contracts, non-competition, employment and personnel matters;
- Assisting with corporate issues such as settling partner disputes, helping with mergers with other firms, and organizing corporate structure
- Advising on operations under Kovel Letter protection
- Professional liability/malpractice claims including mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- Defending accountants in disciplinary and enforcement proceedings before the SEC, AICPA, PCAOB, IRS, and state licensing authorities, and professional accounting associations
- Minimizing professional liability exposure. Providing risk assessment, counseling on practice management and ethical issues.
We have amassed experience, which our clients in the accounting industry benefit from. Norman Spencer Law Group is a boutique law firm, where we prefer quality over quantity. We are selective in our choice of clients, which means that we maintain our caseload at the level, which allows each client to feel personal attention by our attorneys. We are here to listen to our clients’ needs and understand their goals and interests so that we can assist them with reaching their prospective objectives.